I have just finished scanning 140 slides from the summer of 1976 which I spent mostly in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan on an archaeology dig in Heshbon. On the off chance that what I saw, felt, learned and made note of might be of interest I'll try posting some of those things here!
Here is the sign that welcomed us at the UNWRA school we lived in in Madaba.

This was my hotel room in the great city of Amman.

More pictures of that later (and a good story too).
And this is the picture I took of a family at Petra. I felt like a National Geographic photographer. About 10 years ago Nat Geo did an article on Petra and I think took a picture of this same woman. More on that later too!

Are you intrigued?
2 comments:
I can't to hear more stories! This looks so well done!
I'm intrigued!!! Aren't I always?! I look forward to following your blog...thanks for the invite.
Post a Comment